With Success Comes A Price

I received my first notice from a copyright holder to remove a post. King Crimson to be exact. It has me a little scared. I had assumed I was safe posting bootlegs. Now, maybe not. I removed the post. What do I do now? Shut down the blog? Try to take it private again? I may have a way, but it may crap out like the last time. Your thoughts? Insights? Ideas? Send me an email at blind-pig@live.com or leave a comment under any post.

Leave A Question / Comment


Gotta Itch To Post? The Free For All Is For You!

Enter The Free For All - where blog readers can post their bootlegs.

Do you want to be an Author and post your own shows? Put a request to be an Author of the Free For All in the comment box or send an email. I will need your email address to send an invitation. The number of Authors is limited. Reserve your spot before they are gone.

Got Lossless? Need FLAC?

Only lossless can trip your trigger? Then Flac Off! Get some bootlegs in Flac, SHN, and APE.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Dire Straits 05/06/81 Rhein-Main-Halle, Wiesbaden, Germany EX Audience @ 320

Another recording of excellent qualitiy. Date is somewhat in question - thinking it is from 1981 ! Im not sure, but perhaps the earliest recording of Dire Straits performing Telegraph Road. I am really developing a taste for the finer Audience recordings. I hope you like them too.

101 Intro
102 Once Upon A time In the West
103 Expresso Love
104 Down To The Waterline
105 Lions
106 Skateaway
107 Romeo And Juliet
108 News
109 Sultans Of Swing
201 Portobello Belle
202 Angel Of Mercy
203 Tunnel Of Love
204 Telegraph Road
205 Where Do You Think You're Going
206 Solid Rock

http://link-protector.com/377544/
http://link-protector.com/377547/
http://link-protector.com/377548/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony,

Great post!

Just to clear something up ref: Telegraph Road... it was indeed played Live several times in 1981 and there are several gig's which you can find over at Jeroen Van Tol's site ("On Every Bootleg") which confirm this. ... The 'Making Movies' tour covered shows in 1980 and 1981 and I can recommend the Boston 1980 show (recorded at the Berklee Performance Centre on 16th November) as another great audience recording of a really nice and intimate gig where they sound like they are playing in a small club... and it has that sort of cosy feel to it which is nice because they were just beginning to gravitate on to stadium's large arena's etc and so the intimacy can be lost in such places where the band are just a distant spec on the stage.