With Success Comes A Price

I received my first notice from a copyright holder to remove a post. King Crimson to be exact. It has me a little scared. I had assumed I was safe posting bootlegs. Now, maybe not. I removed the post. What do I do now? Shut down the blog? Try to take it private again? I may have a way, but it may crap out like the last time. Your thoughts? Insights? Ideas? Send me an email at blind-pig@live.com or leave a comment under any post.

Leave A Question / Comment


Gotta Itch To Post? The Free For All Is For You!

Enter The Free For All - where blog readers can post their bootlegs.

Do you want to be an Author and post your own shows? Put a request to be an Author of the Free For All in the comment box or send an email. I will need your email address to send an invitation. The number of Authors is limited. Reserve your spot before they are gone.

Got Lossless? Need FLAC?

Only lossless can trip your trigger? Then Flac Off! Get some bootlegs in Flac, SHN, and APE.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

dBPowerAMP

I use dBPowerAMP to do lossless to MP3 conversion. I use it for no real reason other than it was the first one I found and it worked. Does anyone have any experience with multiple conversion tools and has a preference based on experience? I'm still working on getting the AC/DC show up. Upload died. Will try to get Rolling Stones Atlantic City up this afternoon.

3 comments:

Canine Brigade said...

I also use dbPowerAmp, and I really like it a lot. Before that, I used mkwACT for SHN > MP3 and the FLAC frontend for FLAC > MP3, but I really like dbPowerAmp better. I can do it all with one program, and I really like the fact that it will also copy the meta tags for you. I also think it does a better SHN > MP3 than mkwACT.

Great blog by the way, keep up the awesome work!

Anonymous said...

I tried really many different conversion tools and they all sucked. dbPowerAmp is the best up to now. It's quick, you can convert all important formats including flac, ogg and musepack (I guess shorten files, too!?!?) AND, very important: it's VERY reliable, no cracks or dropouts, which I had with nearly all the other tools. AND: the only thing missing in version 11 was to convert different folders marked in the Windows explorer in one batch run, but now in version 12 this problem is solved. So for me there is NO BETTER tool for converting audio files. The only acceptable alternative, but not as easy to handle as dbPower Amp is Jet Audio. Hope I've been able to help you?
Greets,
Mitch Useless

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!!!!
Any chance of more Replacements
and Kinks!
Bonzo