With Success Comes A Price

I received my first notice from a copyright holder to remove a post. King Crimson to be exact. It has me a little scared. I had assumed I was safe posting bootlegs. Now, maybe not. I removed the post. What do I do now? Shut down the blog? Try to take it private again? I may have a way, but it may crap out like the last time. Your thoughts? Insights? Ideas? Send me an email at blind-pig@live.com or leave a comment under any post.

Leave A Question / Comment


Gotta Itch To Post? The Free For All Is For You!

Enter The Free For All - where blog readers can post their bootlegs.

Do you want to be an Author and post your own shows? Put a request to be an Author of the Free For All in the comment box or send an email. I will need your email address to send an invitation. The number of Authors is limited. Reserve your spot before they are gone.

Got Lossless? Need FLAC?

Only lossless can trip your trigger? Then Flac Off! Get some bootlegs in Flac, SHN, and APE.

Thursday, June 7, 2007

I was hacked

My Computer was hacked into. Using some kind of homegrown PC-anywhere software the hacker was able to delete my blog and all Rapidshare files. Since I was permantely logged in via cookies they had easy access. Most of my music files were also deleted off my hard drives. Why? Don't know. I was getting attacks for several days. Luckily I Have DVD backups. Maybe I'll be back someday. Score 1 for evil.

13 comments:

Toxxy said...

Oh no, this is so sad...:-( D*mn, I feel for you TT. I can't believe some f*ckin a**hole would such a thing to a blog, what a prime motherf*cker, he should hang by his balls for at least a week in the public. Well, maybe I'm being too decent...anyone else?

It's good to read that you had backups of your stuff, phew! But most important, I hope all your personal stuff is safe?

Do get back to bloggin' someday TT, I already miss your BRILLIANT posts! Take your time but please be back...

All the best and good luck with everything.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that some stupid bugger felt the need to delete all your hard work , not to mention the myriad of music files on your own hard drive . Hopefully none of your personal information was compromised .

blplus said...

Sorry this happened to you, it has happened to a lot of the good bloggers out there, I sincerely hope you return soon to keep up the good work. Good luck.

Brett said...

Sorry to hear the news, Tony, you had some quality stuff on here (and on your hard drive too, I'm sure.) Hopefully there was no financial impact or personal information comprimised.

Good luck. I'll be watching out for whatever you choose to do next.

artmaven said...

Dude! that's just plain frightening. I'm so sorry. I just got here, came across your blog just 2, 3 at the most, days ago. Then suddenly, you were gone. I always think it's me when that happens, like your blog didn't like my IP or something. WTF is up w/that? I must have a complex. Makes me feel like I brought you bad luck and for that I'm very, very sorry.
Gonna miss your blog and your music files. You had a nice thing here. I picked up the '78 Television from Portland. Thank you for that. Sharing a show like that w/total strangers should cosmically protect you from crap like sh*thead hackers. There's definitely something wrong w/the universal balance of right and wrong.
Musta been a creepy shock to discover you'd been hacked. Like the others wrote, I do hope all the personal info, etc., is safe. Good luck w/whatever you do next about your blog. For our sake, I hope you get back on the horse.

slik said...

Bad news. Its ashame there are nameless, faceless scumbags out there looking to screw up a good thing. These cowards are just jealous losers that make themselves feel better by destroying something that someone else created.
Best of luck in your future endeavors.

gryerblues said...

So sorry, man... you had so much nice boots I was interested... I sincerely hope you don't give up... and I don't understand an SOB that deletes the content of a bootlegs blog...

Unknown said...

My sincere commiserations. You had some absolutely mind-blowing boots on here which I was just about to download. I had you all bookmarked only to find this sad news. A cosmic plague on the sad fucker who is responsible!

rubiconvict said...

my exact words just now when i read this were "That's F*cked Man!" I just can't understand the mentality of people out there who simply yearn to destroy, especially in light of something so obviously good. That's how I see blogs such as yours. No one is getting hurt. Only pleasure is derived. It's wonderful. I have such a huge appreciation for people like you who are puting this music out there for anonymous individuals like me to enjoy. It's a good deed with no pat on the back. No handshake. No smile even. And that, my friend, is the noblest of good deeds.

Not enough love in the world.
Peace.

Finster said...

You Rule M*therf*#ker!Some jerk does that and your back in 2 days!That Live Van Halen is Killer!Your blog rocks!Keep up the good fight and thanks for all you do!CHEERS!!

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm sick about that. Hang in there. I REALLY appreciate what you are doing for all of us.

Thanks so much. Oh, and can you re-post that 1982-ish Petty show from the "Long After Dark" tour? You're the man.

Anonymous said...

Yikes - wondered where you went. As they used to say on Hill Street Blues - "sorry for your loss".

Anonymous said...

Hi - Just found your blog yesterday. Absolutely knocked out. Fabulous. Thanks for all your haRD WORK. i CANNOT BELIEVE THAT SOME EVIL DESTRUCTIVE BASTARD WOULD DO THAT TO YOU. Just know that you've got a million friends out there! Keep on rockin' Opher