With Success Comes A Price

I received my first notice from a copyright holder to remove a post. King Crimson to be exact. It has me a little scared. I had assumed I was safe posting bootlegs. Now, maybe not. I removed the post. What do I do now? Shut down the blog? Try to take it private again? I may have a way, but it may crap out like the last time. Your thoughts? Insights? Ideas? Send me an email at blind-pig@live.com or leave a comment under any post.

Leave A Question / Comment


Gotta Itch To Post? The Free For All Is For You!

Enter The Free For All - where blog readers can post their bootlegs.

Do you want to be an Author and post your own shows? Put a request to be an Author of the Free For All in the comment box or send an email. I will need your email address to send an invitation. The number of Authors is limited. Reserve your spot before they are gone.

Got Lossless? Need FLAC?

Only lossless can trip your trigger? Then Flac Off! Get some bootlegs in Flac, SHN, and APE.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Golden Smog?

*** Thanks to the folks who have sent me links to this great CD. "H" put a link in the comments for the CD. Get it there if you like. Also a thank you to Ton. If you want to check out a couple of tracks, here are two of the best from David E (who sent in all the individual tracks):

http://rapidshare.com/files/60126797/05_-_Golden_Smog_-_Cowboy_Song.mp3
http://rapidshare.com/files/60126795/03_-_Golden_Smog_-_Shooting_Star.mp3

I am looking for the Golden Smog album that has Thin Lizzy's Cowboy Song on it. I need it to live a pure life.

Still seeking Soundboard/FM Silos shows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Review by Jason Ankeny
After a few years of haphazard shows in and about their native Minneapolis, the members of Golden Smog were approached by a small local label to put out a record; many, many beers later, On Golden Smog appeared. Complete with sleeve art by then-drummer Chris Mars, the five-song EP is comprised entirely of covers, including Hair's "Easy to Be Hard," the obscure '60s band Michelangelo's "Son," Bad Company's "Shooting Star" (sung by Soul Asylum's Dave Pirner), and Thin Lizzy's "Cowboy Song," fronted by Soul Asylum roadie Bill Sullivan.


Tracks




Title
Composer
Time

1 Son (We've Kept the Room Just the Way You Left It) Angel 4:26
2 Easy to Be Hard Macdermot, Rado, Ragni 3:19
3 Shooting Star Rodgers 4:43
4 Backstreet Girl Jagger, Richards 3:54
5 Cowboy Song Lynott 5:28

http://www.sendspace.com/file/22kiut

Stay tuned-H